Village Bay Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Bedec, New Brunswick(CAN)
- Farmed: 4 to 6 years
- Average Size:2.75 inches
- Available:January through May
- Tides:Bedec Bay; nutrient-rich waters fed from the Northumberland Strait.
- Bottom:Clay and graveled bottom.
The King family has been in the seafood business for six decades. The family started out in the lobster business, operated a substantial lobster processing facility and grew a few oysters on the side. In the mid-nineties, the family ceased lobster operations and began growing oysters as their primary business. The company is currently run by Danny King (son of the founder) and is Canada’s largest oyster operation by acres farmed.