James River Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:James River, VA(USA)
- Wild: 24 to 36 months
- Average Size:3.5 inches
- Available:September through May
- Tides:Salt influence from incoming tides from the Chesapeake Bay.
- Bottom:Mud-sand mix with oyster cultch and live oyster reefs.
The Ballard family of Ballard Fish and Oyster Company has been producing great oysters for more than 115 years. Today, the 5th generation has taken the helm and is still producing great shellfish. Through its extensive history, the Ballard Fish and Oyster Company has acquired exceptional shellfish growing grounds along Virgina’s eastern shore and partners with conscientious harvesters to bring you the best.