- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Chincoteague, VA(USA)
- Farmed: 18 to 24 months
- Average Size:3.25+ inches
- Tides:Swift flow of the Assateague Channels.
- Bottom:Sandy shores and clean bottom
The Ballard family of Ballard Fish and Oyster Company has been producing great oysters for more than 115 years. Today, the 5th generation has taken the helm and is still producing great shellfish. Through its extensive history, the Ballard Fish and Oyster Company has acquired exceptional shellfish growing grounds along Virginia’s eastern shore.