East Beach Blonde Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Charlestown, RI(USA)
- Farmed: 18 to 24 months
- Average Size:3.25+ inches
- Tides:Ninigret Pond; coastal salt pond in an estuary with small tides and some freshwater input.
- Bottom:Sand, gravel and mud.
Prior to becoming an oyster farmer, Jim Arnoux began harvesting shellfish on the historic Great South Bay, the home of the original Blue Point oyster. Digging for clams had long been a tradition in his family, one passed down to him from his father and uncle. Bull rake in hand, Jim began to earn money clamming when he was 14 and continued to do so throughout his attendance at the University of Rhode Island, where he earned his degree in Coastal Policy and Management.
In 2003, Jim and Nick Papa founded East Beach Blondes out of a quest to deliver the most unforgettable sensory experience directly from pond to palate. Since then, their mission has remained the same: to deliver a quality oyster twelve months out of the year.