To All Oysters
West Island Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Nasketucket, MA(USA)
- Farmed: 18 to 24 months
- Average Size:3.5 inches
- Available:May through December
Briny, sweet and refreshingly crisp.
West Island Oysters uses floating technology to allow the tide and wind to induce a more attractive shell. The movement of the water causes the formation of a deeper cup, enhancing your oyster experience. We tumble, clean and switch out bags throughout the lifecycle of each West Island Oyster because properly maintained cages means more access to the nutrient-rich surface water our oyster depend on.
- Tides:Nasketucket Bay; large flushing tides from Buzzards Bay, twice daily.
- Bottom:Rocky and muddy with eelgrass.