- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Wellfleet, MA(USA)
- Farmed & Wild: 2 to 3 years
- Average Size:3.5 inches
- Tides:Wellfleet Harbor; large 12-foot tides and several freshwater creeks.
- Bottom:Clean, pebbled sand and rock with seaweed.
Ian Holmes has been working with oysters for a long time. He started at fifteen years old as a farm hand for a a family friend during the summer in high school. When Ian finished school, he decided to make his living on the water. It’s gratifying for him to be carrying on the legacy of the people that taught him how to farm and he’s energized by the prospect of passing down the craft to future generations. Ian also loves being surrounded by nature and the slower pace that farming affords.