Salutation Cove Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Salutation Cove, PEI(CAN)
- Wild: 3 to 4 years
- Average Size:3.25 inches
- Available:April through February
- Tides:Salutation Cove; currents from the Northumberland Strait.
- Bottom:Hard packed red clay with eelgrass.
We've got over a hundred years of experience between all the boys here. There are three owners: myself and my two brothers. We've been in business for over 10 years now and we love working together. Our father was a fisherman all his life. He loved oysters, lobsters, and the sea since he was a boy. We inherited that from our father.
It’s a family owned business. My two sons work here, my brother’s two sons work here, we all work together as family. We enjoy working. We enjoy each other’s company. And, we hope you enjoy Five Star oysters because they're top of the line - some of the best tasting oysters in the world!
Five Star Shellfish