Red Beard Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Souris River, PEI(CAN)
- Farmed: 3-4 years
- Average Size:3.25 inches
- Available:May through January
- Tides:Our growing areas are on the eastern end of Prince Edward Island and near the mouth of Bay Fortune. The near proximity to the open sea allows for a complex exchange of outgoing tidal water from Fortune River balanced with a rush of nutrient rich sea water on incoming tides, a full dinner plate of nutrients for the oyster that lasts late into the fall season with warm sea water.
- Bottom:Clay bottom with moving sand
Red Beard Shellfish Company is a small family run oyster growing operation based out of the far eastern reaches near Souris, Prince Edward Island in Canada.
We take pride in owning the entire cultivation process of our oyster constantly improving our oyster methodology from spat collection, rearing juvenile oysters in our nursery, the final finishing polish of our oysters before we share our market ready oysters.