- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Damariscotta River, ME(USA)
- Farmed: 3 to 4 years
- Average Size:3 inches, 3.5 inches
- Available:April through December
- Tides:Great Salt Bay, Damariscotta River; tidal river with large 10-foot tides.
- Bottom:A thin layer of silt over marine clay.
Located in mid-coast Maine, Muscongus Bay Aquaculture comprises a shellfish hatchery and two farms. At their hatchery, on the Medomak River, they have been producing high-quality, fast-growing, and disease-resistant shellfish seed for growers up and down the east coast for over 15 years.
On their two farms on the Damariscotta River, they grow a variety of prized Maine oysters.The Muscongus crew of highly experienced, enthusiastic, and friendly staff are dedicated to ensuring a reliable supply of great shellfish products.