To All Oysters
Onset - Wareham, MA
Our Onset Oysters are grown in Bourne Cove where natural spring waters flow into the cove and combine with the cool, clear saltwater of Buzzards Bay. These waters produce a sweet, briny Onset, a taste that people have come to love.
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Onset - Wareham, MA(USA)
- Farmed: 2 to 3 years
- Average Size:3.5 inches
- Available:May through December
A memorable brine with herbaceous seaweed notes and an intense buttery finish.
Unfiltered golden ale
Cultured spat is raised in an upweller, then moved to floating cages for final growout.
- Tides:Bourne Cove; dynamic currents from Cape Cod Canal and cool, clear saltwater from Buzzards Bay.
- Bottom:Rocky bottom with abundant seaweed.
We started as Schroeder & Besse Oyster Company in the mid 1900's and now have over 60 years of experience in the seafood industry. Our farm is located in Wareham, Massachusetts on the waters of Buzzards Bay near the Cape Cod Canal. The farm-raised oysters from Wareham and Onset have been shipped all over the United States, and our oysters are known for their quality and flavor.J. R. Nelson and G. M. BesseIndian Cove Aquaculture