- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Onset - Wareham, MA(USA)
- Farmed: 2 to 3 years
- Average Size:3.5 inches
- Available:May through December
- Tides:Bourne Cove; dynamic currents from Cape Cod Canal and cool, clear saltwater from Buzzards Bay.
- Bottom:Rocky bottom with abundant seaweed.
We started as Schroeder & Besse Oyster Company in the mid 1900's and now have over 60 years of experience in the seafood industry. Our farm is located in Wareham, Massachusetts on the waters of Buzzards Bay near the Cape Cod Canal. The farm-raised oysters from Wareham and Onset have been shipped all over the United States, and our oysters are known for their quality and flavor.J. R. Nelson and G. M. BesseIndian Cove Aquaculture