- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Cape Cod Bay, MA(USA)
- Farmed: 16 to 20 months
- Average Size:2.75+ inches
- Tides:Barnstable Harbor; 10-foot tidal range from Cape Cod Bay with freshwater inputs from nearby creeks.
- Bottom:Clean, sandy bottom with large thatch beds.
Matt Bunnell did it all as a commercial fisherman. He started out tuna fishing as a teenager, he then worked a groundfish hook and line boat before dragging for sea scallops. When Matt and his wife Jen decided to have a family, Matt transitioned to oyster farming for a steadier source of income and a vocation where he would not have to leave for days at a time. Together, they formed Sandy Neck Oyster Company. They are fulfilled by seeing the labor of their love grow into beautiful deep-cupped oysters and being able to share them with others.