Our receiving team sits at the top of the importance list as they are the "first line of defense" in our food based company. Every piece of shellfish runs through this team first before any other part of operations can touch it. This is a fast paced environment and we are looking for someone who can manage multiple tasks at once; manage/organize a cooler full of shellfish, other employees, and be able to meticulously enter time sensitive harvest/tag information. This employee will work directly with our receiving manager.
The position is based in the Seaport district of Boston, and is convenient to public transportation.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 6AM to approximately 3PM.
- Ensuring all shellfish is received correctly and efficiently
- Taking product temperature, count and quality check upon arrival
- Re-stacking and re-taging (Bartender CPU program) product
- Data entry into inventory systems (Excel and Quickbooks)
- Organization of all product into our cooler
- Ability to reprint tags and address employee questions and/or needs sporadically through the day
- Consistently and constantly rotating product in the cooler in accordance with date-specific organizational method
- Quality control checks
- Proficient use of pallet jack and fork lift
- Instructing and advising sales, operations, and purchasing teams on receiving status' and issues
- Lifting 50+ lbs. regularly and without issue
- Math ability is a must
- Attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- QuickBooks experience
- MS Excel experience
This position is salaried, depending on experience $50,000 - $55,000
Benefits include health and dental, paid time off, and a retirement plan with company match.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Dan@PangeaShellfish.com