Sunberry Point Oyster
- Specie:Crassostrea virginica
- Origin:Salutation Cove, PEI(CAN)
- Wild: 3 to 4 years
- Average Size:3.25 inches
- Available:April through February
- Tides:Salutation Cove; currents from the Northumberland Strait.
- Bottom:Red marine clay and rocks.
Our company is based in Salutation Cove, in the community of Fernwood, on the south shore of Prince Edward Island. We have been cultivating some of the best oysters in the Atlantic Region, thanks to the ideal conditions of Salutation Cove, a sheltered, clean, protected sanctuary. The shoreline of the cove is a truly magnificent unspoiled piece of nature that has escaped the development seen in many other oyster growing areas. In fact, our only neighbours are a few shorebirds and the occasional heron looking for dinner. The vast majority of this shoreline is bound to remain unchanged for years to come thanks to the Island Nature Trust, which owns a vast part of the lands surrounding our oyster beds.