Assistant Warehouse Manager
Looking for an energetic, organized person to help lead our operations team at a shellfish wholesaling company. This employee will work directly with our Operations and Warehouse Managers.
The position is based in the Seaport district of Boston, and is convenient to public transportation.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 6AM to approximately 3PM.
- Ability to identify and distinguish 50+ varieties of oysters
- Ability to pack/ship multiple requested orders throughout shift
- Facilitating shipping and receiving logistics within warehouse atmosphere
- Training employees on procedure
- Communicating with sales team on same day and future operations
- Identifying problems and formulating solutions in procedure
- Delegating packing and receiving responsibilities when necessary
- Operating within necessary computer programs (Excel, Quickbooks, Bartender)
- Conducting general and one-on-one meetings with floor employees
- Basic customer service
- Lifting 50+ lbs. regularly and without issue
- Basic math skills are a must
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Employee management
- Strong computer skills
- QuickBooks experience
This position is salaried, depending on experience $55,000 - $60,000
Benefits include health and dental, paid time off, and a retirement plan with company match
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Dan@PangeaShellfish.com